- Is microcement waterproof?
Yes. Thanks to the use of a special polymer, the microcement is in itself waterproof (remember that this material was created as a protection of ship hulls against corrosion! Read: History of microcements). We obtain additional protection against moisture and dirt by covering the microcement with polyurethane varnish.
- How to clean microcement?
For daily cleaning, it is enough to use water and a mild detergent with a pH above 6. In order to be 100% sure that the cleaning product will not damage the varnish, we recommend you try it in a less visible place before the first use.
- What is the thickness of the microcement system?
The basic microcement system consists of a primer, 2 microcement layers and a varnish layer. The whole system is about 3mm thick.
- Is the microcement floor slippery?
No. The microcement is not slippery. If necessary, the thicker aggregate in the first layer can be used to provide additional anti-slip protection.
- What optics does the microcement sealer have – is it matte or glossy?
Our microcement is available in Matt, Satin and Gloss finishes.
- What is the difference between Continuo and Continuo Art?
Continuo Art is especially designed for counter tops, where Continuo is used on walls and floors.
- Do you have a white microcement on offer?
Yes. Continuo is available in colors matching the RAL palette, including the shade of white.
- Can I install underfloor heating under the microcement floor?
Yes. It should only be remembered that underfloor heating should be started, checked and turned off at least 7 days before the microcement is applied.
- When should I replace the microcement floor?
The microcement floor is extremely durable and if it has been made on a stable and load-bearing substrate, it does not need to be replaced. In special cases, rooms with very high traffic, if necessary, you can renew the floor by placing a new layer of varnish.
- Is microcement and polished concrete the same?
No. Microcement flooring and polished concrete floors are made in different technologies and have different properties. Polished concrete is a floated floor made of industrial concrete (aggregate, cement, water) subjected to grinding, chemical impregnation and polishing. Such a floor is several cm thick and requires expansion joints to reduce the risk of cracking due to shrinkage of concrete. The microcement is a mixture of cement and resins. It is only a few millimeters thick and is very durable. It does not require dilatation and it will not crack.
- Is it possible to cover furniture with microcement?
Yes. The Continuo Art can be used as a furniture coating – table tops, kitchen cabinets, tables, tables and even doors.
- Can I use microcement under the shower?
Yes. The microcement can be used both for the finishing of floors and shower walls, bath tubes and shower trays.
- Do you need to use waterproof foil tanking membrane on the wall / floor connection in the shower when applying microcement?
Both the microcement and the protective sealer are waterproof, but for safety we recommend using waterproof foil tanking membrane, especially if the microcement is made by non-professionals. Microcement layers are very thin and a less experienced contractor can apply the material unevenly creating clearances. The same applies to the application of the sealer.
- Can I use microcement as a fireplace coating?
Yes. The microcement is resistant to temperature changes and is easy to clean, which is why it is suitable as a coating for the fireplace and walls around.
- Can the microcement be used outdoors?
Yes. The microcement is resistant to moisture and temperature changes. One should only remember to use a varnish dedicated for outdoor use to protect the last layer of microcement.
- I want to put microcement on the tiles, how to prepare the substrate?
In the case of tiles with deep joints, it is safest to use a bonding bridge and a glass fiber mesh. Thanks to such a treatment, we can be sure that the joints will not be visible on the thin microcement layers.
- Can I put microcement on an epoxy resin floor?
- I soon open a cafe / store / service premises – is microcement suitable for places with high levels of pedestrian traffic?
Yes. The microcement has a high abrasion resistance and is easy to clean due to the lack of joints.
- Is Microcement suitable for finishing a pool?
Yes. Microcement is waterproof, durable and resistant to UV radiation, therefore it is perfect for finishing and repairing swimming pools. You just need to remember to apply it on a dry load-bearing surface.